5 Things About Me
1) I am an avid learner and most of my learning these days comes from journaling about my life experiences and the books I read. I mostly read about spirituality, personal growth, and other books that might be found in the "self-help" section.
2) I am a sensitive introvert and to recharge my batteries, I need time alone; especially when I'm over-stimulated, overwhelmed, or stressed. I'm also recovering from a variety of attachments such as perfectionism, need for control, people-pleasing, workaholism, over-achievement, and negativity-wallowing. I've been learning to trade these in for guilt-free self-care, self-compassion, self-nurturing, self-growth, and self-love.
3) I love hiking, walking, even just sitting outside. I love being in nature and watching the trees, clouds, sun, birds, and butterflies.
4) I am a houseplant enthusiast and avid collector. There's nothing like the joy I feel when I find new growth and get to watch my plants flourish. And I've found that as I've gotten better at nurturing my plants, I've also gotten better at nurturing myself.
5) I'm a home styling enthusiast. I love experimenting with different arrangements to find what's most aesthetically pleasing and to discover that which creates a calm, comforting environment. I've turned my home into a collection of sacred spaces that nourish, relax, and rejuvenate.
I received my Master’s of Science Degree from Drake University in Des Moines. In the Adult Learning and Organizational Performance (ALOP) program, I studied both Leadership and Training & Development (T&D). My coursework and projects were in adult learning theory, training design and delivery, coaching, human performance improvement, needs analysis and evaluation, change and adaptive leadership, leading through conflict, and strategic thinking and decision making within organizations. What I loved most about the program was the mixture of theory and application; I continue to apply much of what I learned in my work today.
Prior to completing my Master’s degree, I received my Bachelor’s of Science degree, with a major in Human Resources Management and a minor in Management, from Upper Iowa University in Des Moines; and prior to that, my Associate’s of Science degree from Des Moines Area Community College.
Journal Coach. Sacred Space Coach.
Divorce Coach for Women.
I completed my coach training and mentor coaching through Coach U and earned my coaching credential of Associate Certified Coach (ACC) through the International Coach Federation (ICF).